Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A small finish!

You may remember that I recently made two ornaments from some vintage cross-stitched flowers my cousin made years ago.  Well, she gave me a third and final one--some violets. I quickly fashioned a sweet little ornament for spring/summer.  I was a bit rushed but I think it turned out ok--the ribbon and buttons match well.  I think this is the last one she has for me--too bad for there aren't any more!!!! HA

I've been in quite a hurry today because we are leaving bright and early in the morning for a week in Boston! I'm looking forward to going and relaxing!  The weather will be cooler than it is here in Mississippi!  I have looked online for cross stitch stores--I'm not having much luck.  I found a number of yarn stores and knitting places--not much on cross stitch.  Oh well, there are many things to do there, so I'm sure the trip will be fun!
Thanks for visiting and come back soon!
Frances

5 comments:

diamondc said...

What a beautiful finish so refreshing.
Thank-you for sharing.

Catherine

KimM said...

Love your finish - the fabric really compliments the stitched piece. Well done!
xxx

Carol said...

Very pretty, Frances! Enjoy your week in Boston...My sister lives there and it is one of my favorite cities :)

Shebafudge said...

Beautiful ornament! Great finishing xx

Andrea said...

A beautiful finish, everything matches so well.