Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy Fourth!

Dear Friends, I have been all over the place with many stories and adventures--too many to tell at once.
However, you may not remember that I am a musician and I enjoyed a week at my annual music conference in Portland, Oregon last week!  Beautiful place, beautiful music, and was everything great!  And now I'm back and behind !!!  But it will get caught up soon!

I haven't mentioned that I have had some kidney stone issues, and I have to go in for a "zapping" next week! Not the best news--I've had this done before.  I had trouble on the trip to Boston AND on the trip to Portland.  SO....my wonderful doctor says I have to make a little excursion next week for a little outpatient fun.  I cannot believe that I have reached the stage that I actually have health stuff to talk about!!!!  What is my world coming to??? HA HA HA!!!  ( I guess this just proves I'm human!)

Oh well, enough of that!!!!!

I love Patriotic things and I still have my Patriotic Tree up for tomorrow!  My family will cook out and we'll have fun eating it inside, where it's cool!  And yes, we do have a boil water notice going on now....can you believe it???  Oh well, I bought a bunch and life goes on! We should take bets on how many will turn on the faucet and drink!!


I quickly fixed a festive table and some "grocery store flowers" for the centerpiece!  It looks happy, even though I just spotted that lamp cord poking out from behind the china cabinet!!  At least I caught it now!!!  Oh my!  HAHAHA


My tree is still there, looking so patriotic.  And if you look in the closeup, you will see a precious little bee nestled in there!  It's just perfect for summer and I smile every time I see it!  You may remember that this is part of my wonderful prize from Jacquie--from far away in England!!!  I just love it!

Oh yes, my precious kitty is doing well!  We boarded her at the vet while we were gone and they said she did great!  YAY!

Thank you so much for stopping by and do come again soon!  I have missed blogging, and your blogs, with all of everything else that's gone on, but I should get back on schedule now!  Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!!
Frances

6 comments:

Jacqueline Morris said...

Loving your tree... Such a wonderful idea to have it up all year! And oooh the bee I stitched for you has made it onto the tree! How wonderful! :). Happy 4 th of July :) xx
Smiles :)

diamondc said...

Beautiful displays of Patriotic colors, I love this day of the year, I hope all feel the same way that we are lucky to be so free and express ourselve with freedoms no other country has.
I wish you luck on your zapping I hope the stones go away forever.

Happy Fourth to you and your family

Catherine

Kaisievic said...

Love your patriotic tree. Happy 4th of July.

Kaisievic said...

P.S. Good luck with the gallstones. Here in Australia now they don't bother with the zapping anymore as they usually come back - now they just whip it out using keyhole surgery.

KimM said...

Love your tree and table setting. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.
xxx

Carol said...

Your visit to Portland sounds wonderful--that's a city I hope to visit one of these days, too! Oh, dear--kidney stones! I've heard they are very painful--hope the zapping procedure does its job.

Lovely looking table, flowers, and patriotic tree! Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend :)