Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Finish!!

Well, I just barely made it for this year!!!  Today is Fat Tuesday, so this is the end of this year's Mardi Gras season!
I have finished the cute little mask ornament I stitched on the way to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago!   It was a simple little mask, in Mardi Gras colors, but I tried to "fancy it up" with finishing and trims.


This little mask was stitched on a scrap of Aida cloth and I used some purple/gold metallic fabric, and fleur de lis fabric in Mardi Gras colors.  I added purple/gold metallic trim beside the stitching.


I used gold wired ribbon for the hanger.  I had bought a little packet of Mardi Gras buttons at Hancock's several weeks ago.  These two little purple glitter mask buttons were in there, and I thought they were perfect to attach the ribbon!  Doesn't it look cute beside my Voodoo Doll?!?!


This was a really fun ornament, and looks festive on the tree!


Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon!  Now I will have to take down BOTH the Mardi Gras and Valentine's trees!  Then it will be time for St. Patrick's Day tree, so come check it out!
Frances


12 comments:

Annette-California said...

Love it! It looks so pretty! Oh the buttons, trims and fabrics look fantastic! Just in time. I need to get mine done hopefully tomorrow. And to think your so close to the festivities...
love Annette

Claudette497 said...

Such a festive finish! It looks great!

Shirlee said...

Very cute my friend!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Oh my!! Love your mardis gras tree... It's so colourful and sparkly... Love love love it!!!!
Great stitching too :)
Ooooh wonder what tree is next?
Smiles :)

marly said...

Great project! Fancy and fun.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow, this is fun! You have a great imagination, I admire it!

Melissa said...

So cute, Frances!

KimM said...

Adorable!
xxx

Pamela said...

That is beautiful, Frances! Must look for a Mardi Gras cross stitch pattern - love that little mask.

Kaisievic said...

Lots of glitz and glamour on that ornie - perfect for Mardi Gras.
P.S. Did you know that you are a no-reply commenter, so when you commented on my blog yesterday, I cannot send you an email reply?

Hilda said...

Hi Frances,
here I am - and I am so impressed.
Now that I not only spied at, but also read your post, I learned that there will be a St. Patricks Day-tree? I am so curious about how it will look.
And I just read in the above comment, that you are a no-reply commenter? I answered your comment - so unfortunately you will not get my mail ...

Have a nice weekend!

Hilda

Frances said...

Thank you!! I have changed the no- reply yet again!!!!!