Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Time for a new tree!

Well, it's time for a new tree at my house!

I was so glad to FINALLY get all the Christmas stuff put away.  My brother lives 90 miles away and he came up and helped me put it all away.  It was quite a job, but it's done for another year!

I left two small trees out...one for Valentine's Day and one for Mardi Gras.  I have completed the Valentine's tree and it's always one of my favorites.  (I guess I really like them all!!)  Since these two holidays overlap, it requires two trees at the same time!

I used the very skinny frosted tree for Valentine's and it's in the dining room.  I love all these sweet heart-themed ornaments.  I also have some of the cutest bought ornaments to fill in.  And some sweet pink filigree heart lights.  And, finally, I filled in the "holes" with some antique Valentines that my cousin found when cleaning out her mother-in-law's things.  One of them was dated 1934.  I guess that's really not antique, but pretty old!!!!

 


You know I'll never be able to post now without including a picture of precious Zoe!  She is so sweet, and has been so good when I'm around!  haha  She will be 4 weeks old tomorrow!




She came over for a visit last week, and we couldn't wait to see what Omar might do when he saw her.  Well, he almost ignored her.....it was such a disappointment!  haha  He had a little UTI and the vet had given me some pain medicine for him and he was half zonked anyway!  We must have another visit soon,


Thank you for your visit, and I hope to see you soon!  I will show my Mardi Gras tree next time!

Frances

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful tree, Frances, and Zoe is so precious! Happy Valentine's Day.

Beth said...

A what lovely and precious gift your Zoe is. So glad you get to see her often. That is a super photo of Omar! We once had a long-haired white cat who played our piano - we named him Liberace! I am STILL putting Christmas things away - hope to finish up this week. Enjoyed seeing your two new seasonal trees.

Justine said...

Zoe is gorgeous! How funny that Omar ignored her. Hope he is better soon.
I love your Valentine's tree, there are some gorgeous ornaments on it.

Vickie said...

Oh your Valentine tree is so very pretty! Zoe is so gorgeous. A gift from heaven.♥ Look at Omar! So precious!

Shelly said...

Love your trees! Aww, Zoe! Omar looks quite the character or was he still zonked out? Haha. Can't wait to see the Mardi Gras tree!

Astrids dragon said...

I love your Valentine tree, can't wait to see Mardi Gras!
Zoe is precious, what a cutie. I'm sure once she's active, Omar will be more interested.

Andrea said...

Your tree looks wonderful, Zoe looks such an angel.

Karen said...

Great Valentine tree. Hope Omar has recovered from his UTI.

Angela Tucker said...

Well, Frances...your trees are always special, but Zoe? She is absolutely gorgeous!

I love how you say that it is required to have two trees...I totally get your reasoning. LOL I feel that way about a lot of things...yarn, fabric, thread. You never know when it will be "required" to have that special color in your stash. What if you have to stitch an emergency ornament and you don't have that holiday fabric to back it? LOL

Have a great weekend!